Founded in 1996 and based in Houston, L-Con provides overlapping engineering, procurement and construction (including fabrication) services to small- and mid-sized projects with a total installed cost value of up to $150 million. We reduce cost and schedule without impacting safety and quality in the refining, midstream, petrochemical, power and terminals/storage sectors.
Working with L-Con gives our clients a single point of contact, time and money savings, and the ability to get on-stream ahead of schedule. The company is strategically located to offer top talent in the industries we serve in order to assure the successful execution of all our clients' projects.
Committed to Safety
- Safety is our top priority as evidenced by our values and the commitment to our people.
- Our goal is nothing less than "ZERO" accidents and injuries.
- Driving "Cultural" Awareness
- Weekly Safety Bulletins (E-mail Blasts)
- Quarterly Safety Dinners / Discussions
- Metric Reviews
- Management Visibility at Sites
- Open Discussions with Clients and Peers on Safety Programs and Improvements
- ABC STEP Aware - 2014 Gold Level
- ABC Business Excellence Award - 2012 ABC Business Awards Finalist and Recipient of the Merit Award
- The Construction Users Roundtable "The CURT Award" - 2012 The CURT Safety Excellence Finalist
- ISTC Awards
- 2014 Safety Achievement Award for 1 Million Safe Work Hours
- 2014 Safety Achievement Award for 48% Reduction of Incident Rate
- 2014 Safety Achievement Award for 1 Year Without an OSHA Lost Workday Case
We constantly strive to improve the quality of our services by:
- Implementing an effective, documented quality control system in order to gain control over all activities that can affect service and product quality.
- Promoting awareness by all personnel that the achievement of quality depends on the contribution of each individual.
- Satisfying customer requirements, improving productivity and reducing non-conformance.
- Improving turn-around time.
- Improving employee development.
- Establishing a goal of "Zero Defects".
- Adherence to L-Con quality control procedures by all employees
- Enforcement of client specifications
- Strict compliance to all industry codes
- Surveillance of all construction disciplines
- Documentation of inspection activities
- Documentation of non-destructive testing
- Assembly of client turnover packages
EPC Value Proposition
L-Con provides overlapping engineering, procurement & construction (including fabrication) services to small and mid-sized projects having a Total Installed Cost value of up to $150 million in order to reduce cost and schedule without impacting safety and quality in the refining, midstream, petrochemical, power and terminals/storage industry sectors.
- Office located minutes away from plant sites
- 500 construction resources on-tap
- Since we provide EPC through one company, there is no "double-dip" on risk, contingency or profit
- Our organization is leaner than two companies partnering
- Single-point responsibility means no "finger-pointing" between the engineering and construction companies—leads to better cost and schedule control
- No communication gaps between companies
- L-Con is an organization that addresses our clients’ needs
Process Industries Served
- Blending/Packaging Facilities
- Plant Relocations
Terminal Industries Served
- Bulk Liquids/Chemical/Hydrocarbons
- Rail Loading Facilities
- Truck Loading Facilities
- Blending Terminals
- Marine Ship and Barge Loading (Export & Import)
- Pumping Stations
- Pipeline Compressor Stations
Power, Steel and Heavy Machinery Industries Served
- Steel Mill and Steel Manufacturing
- Air Quality Control Equipment
- Gas Turbine — Single Cycle & Combined Cycle
- Steam Turbine Generation
- Air Liquide
- Alon USA
- BP Corporation
- Calcasieu Refining
- Flint Hills
- GE Energy
- NuStar Energy
- PSI Midstream
- Valero Refining Company
- Wyoming Refining
- Conceptual Design and Feasibility
- Mechanical—Stress Analysis
- Piping Design—3D/Laser Scan
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Project Controls
- Planning, Cost and Scheduling
- Document Control
- Established Alliances with Key Suppliers
- Competitive Bidding with Suppliers of Material & Engineered Equipment
- Competitive Flexible/Adaptable Customer Focused Approach
- Competitive Sourcing
- Assure the AML (Approved Manufacturing List) Specification is Met
- Supply timely Material Tracing Reports and Melt Shop Reporting
- Project Specific Procurement Procedures & Execution Plans
- Performance of Supplier/Subcontractor Qualification Surveys
- Provides Appropriate Level of Control to Minimize Delivery Risk
- Optimize Company Owned Inventory
- Utilize Vendor Relationships
- Relationships with Experienced Inspectors
- Timely and Accurate Material Reporting
Direct Construction Services
- Project Controls
- Material Management
- Underground Utilities
- Rigging (Heavy Lifts)
- Construction Management
- Start-Up Advisory/Support
- Building Siding
- Site Work
- Mass grading
- Detention and Retention Ponds
- Millwright and Rotating Equipment Installation
- Storage Terminal Infrastructure
Subcontracted Construction Services
- Heat Tracing
- Field Erected Tanks
- Cathodic Protection
- Asphalt Paving
- Fire Protection Systems
- Post Weld Heat Treatment
Propane Propylene Splitter
- Reformate Splitter
- New Direct Iron Reduction Plant
- Install #3 Reheat Furnace
- Install Hot Strip Mill Equipment
- Install #2 Galvanizing Line
- New Flat Rolled Steel Mill
- Furnace Building Expansion
- New Flat Rolled Steel Mill
- LNG/LGP Expansion
- Refinery Expansion
- Storage Terminal
- Storage Terminal
- Gas Plant Relocation
- LPG Refrigeration
- Propylene Splitter
- Dock and Ship Loading Facility
- LNG/LGP Loading Terminal
- Plant Relocation
- Topping Refinery
- Refrigeration, Dock and Loading Facility
Nothing is more important to L-Con than the welfare of our employees. Our company values each employee, encouraging personal growth through continuing education and professional development.
We attribute the continued success of our company to the many employees who have been with our company for a long time. Our employees, on average, have spent 10 years or more with us – and all are viewed as part of our family. At L-Con, you do not have just a job, you have an opportunity.
Through our insurance and retirement savings, coupled with vacation time and paid holidays, we make the satisfaction and well-being of our people a priority.
L-Con, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information about employment opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281.484.5266 and ask for the Human Resources Department.
Current Employment Opportunities
No Careers Posted
Check back later for available careers.
Custom Metals, founded in 1974, is an industry leader in sheet metal and plate fabrication, installation and maintenance. Custom Metals serves a broad range of industries including steel, power, cement, pulp and paper, food processing and petrochemical.
From its origin as a HVAC fabricator, Custom has grown into one of the largest heavy plate fabricators in the country. Although Custom Metals continues to operate a large HVAC shop, our heavy plate fabrication shop has become the largest part of our business. This shop excels at fabricating large difficult projects such as elevated ductwork, hoppers, and pressure vessels.
When we are fabricating large complex plate projects, whether required by the contract or not, we will shop assemble all pieces to ensure that once delivered the pieces will fit. We will offer value engineering ideas to assist during fabrication, transport, and the erection of the fabricated material. We also offer field assembly of our shop fabricated platework. Through another division of Lexicon, Schueck Steel, we also offer complete installation of our fabricated platework.